Welcome to the Early Childhood Center!
How to Apply
Salem Early Childhood Center
HOW TO APPLY
Eligibility for Preschool at ECC
- Parents and Guardians of students who turn 3 years old on or before August 31, 2022 are eligible to apply for their children to attend Preschool at the Salem ECC for the 2022-23 school year.
- To apply, please identify the Salem ECC as one of your choices on the 2022-23 Registration Application or inquire at the Parent Information Center (PIC), 978-740-1225 or email@example.com
Students will be assigned following the criteria outlined in the district’s student assignment policy.
What Makes us special?
Integrated Preschool Classrooms:Classrooms at the Salem Early Childhood Center have low class sizes and are integrated. Classes are designed to meet the needs of three and four- year-old students. Peer partners and students with disabilities learn side by side. Research suggests that an integrated model has important implications for both groups of children. All children learn acceptance and sensitivity as well as positive social interactions. Students learn to work and play together in a school community that reflects the real world.
- Our curriculum is thematic based and ensures that our youngest students are ready for kindergarten. It combines skills-based experiences and purposeful play to ensure learning. Each day teachers plan lessons that incorporate play, literacy, math, science, social studies, life skills and social emotional learning. At ECC learning is fun, hands-on and interactive.
- During these critical years of life students at the ECC learn basic skills toward becoming independent members of the community. They learn to take on and off their own coats, care for their belongings, appropriately ask for help when needed and take care of others when they can.
Social Emotional Learning (SEL):
- SEL learning principles are integrated into all aspects of the school day. Children are provided with meaningful daily interactions to help them feel safe, nurtured, confident and curious. Our preschool classrooms cultivate an atmosphere of mutual respect. By providing positive behavioral interventions and support, staff at the ECC build positive relationships with children to ensure a welcoming environment and prevent challenging behaviors at school. Our mascot is Pete the Cat. We use Pete to teach the following core values; Be Kind, Be Safe, Be Ready to Learn.
25, Memorial Drive, Salem, Massachusetts, 01970, United States